Monday, February 6, 2012

Christmas in the mountains

I'm like.... almost 2 months behind with this"update"...but thought I'd post it anyway :)

As I am a part time single parent, I have my two girls every other week. Thus we ( ex and me ) split the holidays between us too. And this year me and the kids went up to Haukeliseter Fjellstue to celebrate our Christmas.
Was a little unsure how this whole holiday would play out, but listening to others and reading about the place made me think this would be the thing to do. Activity plan set up by the staff looked child friendly enough and since the girls never really have had the true norwegian-mountains-in-the-winter experience, I thought, yeah...go for it :) And what a hit!

Arriving just after 16:00, we found our home for the next 4 days (3 pics below are from haukeliseter.no):


Loved the room, very basic, no water or shower and no sink, but with mini stove.
After all, we where just going to sleep there. Most of the day was to be spent either outside or in the main house with the reception, restaurant:

and this:


















The girls had a ginger bread making session with the activity leader and I had a glass of splendid red wine, aaaaaaaaahhhhh :))

Next day another family arrived with two girls sameish age as mine so the ground was set :D Christmas was defo saved. There was a single dad with his two sons, there was an adult daughter with her mum, there was an older couple and there was a pack of other really great peeps there, different ages and different sizes and shapes. AND there was this great family who was there for their 7th Christmas on the trot! 3 sons ages from 10 to 16...which means the youngest one doesn't really know any other way of celebrating Christmas :D They have made this their Christmas tradition and since the girls said: CAN WE COME BACK NEXT YEAR MUMMY? I guess it's gonna be ours too :D






No comments:

Post a Comment